The benefits of escape room games are only starting to be realized: immersive, inquiry-based, story-driven. The list goes on.
As more and more people find creative and clever applications for escape rooms, we grin with excited expectation as this worldwide phenomenon only continues to reveal its potential.
Here are some of our favourites:
- Sport Escape Rooms - The first of its kind, Turkish Airlines sponsors this sport-themed room in Greece.
- Nostalgic Rooms - This room in Georgia was designed to look like a Grade Three classroom.
- On A Boat! - This boat in Dublin has been outfitted as an escape room game. How cool is that?
- Science Rooms - Science North is an educational centre in Sudbury, ON which now features an escape room! Or how about a physics-based escape room in Illinois?
- Rooms Based A TV Series - London is planning Resident Evil and Harry Potter rooms. Cool! Other rooms include Star Wars, Game of Thrones, and more.
- Historical Rooms - A company in England is connecting participants to the past with major historical events and characters like King Henry I. Another room helps Jewish children explore their 3500 year+ heritage.
- "Real Life" Rooms - Okay, this one's going to blow your mind: an escape room in the Netherlands takes place in a real prison and lasts 3 hours.
The list of creative applications never ceases to amaze us at Mobile Escape. There's something very "open source" and eclectic about escape rooms that appeals to people in a variety of life's spheres.
As for us, we're focusing on education because we recognize the opportunity to play on purpose, and all the good that can do to awaken wonder in students.
Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to our official launch in May.